Housekeeper/Floor Maintenance (Two Positions Available)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 8/10/22
Perform various floor maintenance functions in accordance with standard techniques and procedures. Perform a variety of housekeeping duties to provide clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly, and satisfying surroundings for students, faculty, staff, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow safety precautions at all times.
- Strip and wax floors.
- Operate various mechanized floor cleaning equipment such as vacuums, polishers, extractors, and buffers.
- Will handle and use a variety of cleaning solutions and solvents.
- Assist in moving furniture and classroom equipment as needed.
- Assist with event room set-ups.
- Clean all assigned areas to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- May perform tasks that involve exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Keep restrooms, storage areas, carts, and other assigned areas well stocked, clean, and tidy at all times.
- Report any needed repairs immediately such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tiles, broken window panes, and missing nuts, bolts, or screws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At least once a day:
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to designated disposal areas.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms (e.g., floors, sinks, mirrors, commodes, and other fixtures).
- Clean walk-off mats, windows, and glass doors.
- Clean dry erase boards, chalkboards, and tray holders (unless instructed otherwise).
- Vacuum carpets and spot clean floors by sweeping and/or mopping as needed.
- Mop corridor floors, lobbies, and other areas.
- Continuously monitor floors, rooms, and other areas for litter, spills, water, etc. to keep clean and fresh.
At least once a week:
- Damp dust railings, furniture surfaces, pictures, bookshelves, window sills, etc.
- Clean baseboards.
- Mop stairs.
- Vacuum carpets.
- Spot clean walls.
At least once a year:
- Clean rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture as assigned.
- Shampoo carpets as assigned.
- Wash windows as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.