Food & Beverage Director
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Food and Beverage Director reports to the General Manager, works collaboratively with the Ironwood leadership team and is responsible for ensuring all food and beverage operations are coordinated to exceed member and event client expectations while achieving the Clubs budgeting requirements. The Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef will have complete accountability of all food and beverage operations. The Food and Beverage Director will be hospitality minded, highly focused, have a strong and highly visible presence with the membership, be an exceptional communicator and instinctively know how to treat members and guests with a high-level of service.
- Oversee the FOH & BOH operations including our Dining and Event Manager as well as Executive Chef.
2. Maintain efficient costs controls throughout operations to ensure profitability & achieve budget goals.
3.Hire adequate staff and provide leadership and a positive work environment to ensure positive member & guest experience during club dining services, member events & banquets.
4. Coordinate and manage member events in dining areas and pool (seasonal) to ensure members see value in their membership.
5. Manage private events from set-up to break-down.
6. Ensure excellence in the products and service in all areas of the F&B Operation.
- Establish and maintain efficient and professional service standards in all F&B areas to ensure all Ironwood Members and guests receive exemplary service as well as food and beverages.
- Establish and maintain (revise as necessary) job descriptions and work procedures in all FOH & BOH areas of the Food & Beverage Operation, including opening/closing/side work duties, etc.
Establish procedures to maintain cleanliness and organization in all F&B areas.
- Communicate effectively with the Executive Chef and Dining and Event Mangers to ensure a coordinated effort to exceed Client/Member expectations.
- Supervise and ensure efficient service at all Club dining services and events.
- Meet and greet members and their guests to promote a comfortable, positive atmosphere for their enjoyment.
- Accept Member and Guests comments and complaints; rectify problems immediately if possible.
- Ensure timeliness and efficiency in event operations including but not limited to set-up, service during event and clean-up.
- Hold meetings as needed with chef, managers and servers to ensure they have tools and information needed for fast and efficient service.
- Elect, hire and train staff for all dining/beverage services in the dining room, bar, pool snack bar (seasonal) and events to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Provide tools and training necessary for staff and to excel.
- Schedule employees as business warrants for efficiency and cost control; monitoring hours to ensure minimal to no overtime is received.
- Submit necessary paperwork for new employees before new employee start date.
- Ensure staff knows club/manager expectations. Follow up as necessary with corrective actions when expectations are not met.
- Enforce Club Policies and Procedures; take corrective action as necessary per established disciplinary procedure.
- Maintain beverage portion controls for consistent quality and cost control.
- Ensure compliance with all Liquor Control Board requirements and ensure responsible alcoholic beverage service to protect from liability.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as required, including gratuity distribution calculations.
- Perform other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Work as a team player with all Managers in the best interest of the Club.
- Work Schedule: The Food & Beverages Director is a member of the management staff and are not paid by the hour, but a salary, to carry out all assigned responsibilities. It is planned that you will be off 2 days per week, however, the requirements of the job may not always allow this. If the demands of the work schedule do not permit the time off allowed, the Supervisory Manger has the authority to allow additional time off when the schedule permits.