Line Cook for organic West African cafe. Ideal candidate has a passion for cooking. Creating and crafting balanced dishes with an eye for presentation.
- Daily prep of Vegetables and meats. ·
- Prepare a la carte meals for lunch service as well as larger scale production for catering. ·
- Must be fast paced with ability to multitask without losing focus on quality of work. ·
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation. ·
- Monitor and order supplies or food items, and restock as necessary to maintain inventory. ·
- Desire to learn and excel in a unique setting for casual/fine cuisine ·
- Keep all kitchenware,walk-in and storage areas clean and orderly. ·
- Practice basic food safety. ·
- Follow proper food handling, sanitation and safety procedures.
- 2-5 years of experience as a cook/prep cook.
- Be able to read basic English on the menu.
- Shifts vary based on availability
- 30-40 hrs a week
Benefits: $20 per hr to start plus tip and meals
**Must be flexible as schedule is subject to change**