Town of Snowmass Village Snowmass Village, CO Full-time Government
Posted on March 12, 2023
The Town of Snowmass Village We're hiring! Great Benefits for Full & Part Time Positions.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications/skills:
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand departmental rules, policies, instructions, laws, regulations, and police literature, together with an aptitude for law enforcement work.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt a quick, effective, and reasonable course of action giving due regard to the surrounding hazards and circumstances of each situation.
- Ability to learn the use and care of automobile, firearms and less than lethal equipment.
- Willing to submit to extensive training.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, superiors, and the public.
- Any combination of experience and training equivalent to graduation from high school; some college level work in courses related to law enforcement is desirable.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with excellent past driving record.
- Aged 21 and older
This position requires candidates to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check, physical examination, polygraph test, and psychological examination upon hire.
Our amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance 100% premium coverage for the employee, 83% premium coverage for dependents
- Generous leave plans, on the first year of employment up to 200 hours of leave in addition to 10 paid holidays
- Recreation benefit for eligible employees on the amount of $1390 – you can use this benefit to purchase your ski pass!
- 50% off the cost of annual adult and family memberships at the Snowmass Rec Center
- The Town contributes 11% to your 401a and employee contributes 8% minimum to a 457 account
- $100/month for police officers living within or close to the Snowmass Village town limits
- Possibility for priority for placement in a Town of Snowmass Village employee housing unit upon availability