Special Events Coordinator
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for specific facets of planning, production and management of events for the university. This position will, in consultation and collaboration with the Manager of Special Events, work closely with all applicable internal and external stakeholders in the coordination and hosting of events within the university. This position will work with members of the campus community to collaboratively plan and execute high quality events and functions, identify and facilitate discussion and decisions about issues affecting events, and will ensure that high standards, and/or campus-wide priorities are reflected in the planning and presentation of events.
Salary Range: $31,888 - $51,545
Events Production (55%):
- Point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders for Tier II events within the campus community.
- Develops and maintains highly professional standards and procedures for production of signature and major events in keeping with the image and reputation of UNCP.
- Meet priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of event activities or job duties; and effectively carries out event goals in a manner that enhances the image of the university.
- Ensures that campus-wide priorities are reflected in event planning and presentation.
- Serves as a campus resource for matters of university protocol (e.g., event format, image projection, and etiquette to be observed).
- Provides guidance and direction in the execution of high quality events and ceremonies that advance campus priorities in the details of event production, with emphasis on high standards for customer relations, attention to detail, protocol, and etiquette.
- Prior to all Tier II events, this position receives or makes recommendations on program content and organization, and prepares written briefings or procures them from appropriate sponsoring office.
- For assigned events, oversees event program development (e.g., recruit and/or facilitate coordination and briefing of speakers/presenters, develop program agendas, determine order of speakers, etc.).
- Ensure implementation of events objectives in compliance with university policies and procedures, and utilization of core event management systems and technology.
- Leverages the use of the applicable events management software systems for scheduling and set-ups.
- Work with event hosts to determine budgetary needs and requirements for events.
- Attend events during normal and extended work hours to include evenings and weekends is required.
Communication and Marketing (30%):
- Is responsible for communicating to internal and external stakeholders regarding the policies, rules and regulations to host an event at the university.
- Serves as a campus resource for matters of university protocol (e.g., event format, communications, and etiquette to be observed).
- Point of contact for both internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Tier II events planned within the university.
- Is in frequent communication with the Manager of Special Events on events held at the university. May attend and interact with guests during scheduled and unscheduled meetings and events.
- Working with the applicable internal and external organizations/offices, oversees the preparation of a variety of activities to ensure a successful event.
- Is responsible for communicating planning requirements, production requirements and management of events within the university.
Management Preference Includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and at least one year of proven professional experience in event management
- Defined knowledge and experience in managing events including customer relations, advertising and marketing.
- Ability to recruit and train event staff and volunteers.
- Strong experience in developing and sustaining relationships with personnel, vendors, staff and volunteers.
- Proven ability to maintain strong organizational and time management skills, affording the ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks.
- Ability to think critically, identify problems, develops strategic solutions, and independently makes decisions consistent with standard practices and established guidelines.
For more information and to apply, click “Apply Now”.