Corrections Food Services Supervisor
The County of Yuba is currently recruiting for a Corrections Food Services Supervisor within the Tri-County Juvenile Rehabilitation Campus. Under general supervision, plans, organizes, coordinates and oversees in the day-to-day operations and activities of a large institutional facilities kitchen; directs, trains, monitors and reviews the work of food service staff; coordinates the purchase, preparation and distribution of nutritional, properly prepared meals; ensures compliance with established sanitation and safety guidelines; provides for proper nutritional and meal requirements as mandated by State or Federal regulations; and performs related work as assigned. This is the working supervisory level in the food service series for both the County Jail or Juvenile Hall. The employment list established from this recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies within the same classification at the Jail or Hall.
- The ability to work alternate shifts based on the needs of the department.
- The ability to obtain a valid California Class C driver’s license within ten (10) days of employment, maintain valid California Class C driver’s license.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Food Manager Certification, Serve Safe Certification and/or Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HAACP) Certification for food workers
- Successfully complete an extensive and thorough background investigation which includes a Personal History Statement, and Live Scan fingerprinting.
- Required to file a statement of economic interest with the Yuba County Clerk/Recorder; Ability to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications
- Required to perform disaster service activities pursuant to Government Code 3100-3109.
The County of Yuba is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and participates in the E-Verify program.